1) How did you get into the sport of martial arts?
Ive always loved competition and combat sports. I found martial arts fascinating and interesting as well as being the perfect mix of extreme athleticism and mental toughness. I grew up on watching Bruce Lee movies as a child, also my father used to be a Boxer so my passion for the sport just naturally led me into competing.
2) What is your favorite strike or submission?
My favorite strike would probably have to be leg kicks, and submission would have to be arm bars.
3) What or who is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration is being limitless, not knowing any boundaries, pushing myself mentally and physically beyond borders and surprising myself with my own capabilities. On a quest to conquer pain, fear, and mental limitations. To wake up each day being a better person, athlete, and martial artist.
4) Who do you train with? Why? Who pushes you the hardest in the gym?
I train at Carlson Gracie MMA. Why? Because we are the best. Those men and women are like family to me. We all push each other to strive towards perfection.
5) Where do you feel most comfortable in a fight?
Whatever happens... happens. “Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” -Bruce Lee
6) What was your childhood and adolescents like?
I’ll tell you when I’m done growing up.
7) If you could say one thing to your opponent what would it be?
8) What makes you different than any other local fighter in mma in your weight class?
My passion, desire, and hunger, mixed with the intelligence of Einstein and the speed of a cheetah!
9) If you could watch anyone fight in any era who would it be?
Simple! Bruce Lee.
10) What do you want to be remembered for?
I want to show people that if you set your mind to something it can be accomplished, no matter how far or unreachable your goal might seem. Never ever give up.
Follow Quest For Glory FC on Twitter: twitter.com/QuestForGloryFC and visit Ticketscene.ca for tickets!